Beliefs and Values
We believe that people with a learning disability have the same status as all other members of society and deserve equality in every respect.
The objectives of West Berkshire Mencap are:-
- To encourage and support people with a learning disability and enable them to achieve their full potential
- To promote full inclusion of people with a learning disability
- To educate and increase public awareness to the needs of people with a learning disability and their families and carers
- To maintain and build upon the current quality and range of services provided by West Berkshire Mencap and other Agencies
- To secure a wider fundraising base
“I love it here, it is really, really great. I love the people. I feel I really matter now” – Paul Carter talking about his work placement at Trindledown (animal sanctuary).