West Berkshire Mencap exists to provide information, support and services for adults and children with a learning disability, their families and carers locally. We are affiliated to Royal Mencap but are a charity in our own right, with our own charity number. We do our own fundraising to enable us to provide high quality services.
Beliefs and Values
We believe that people with a learning disability have the same status as all other members of society and deserve equality in every respect.
The objectives of West Berkshire Mencap are:-
- To encourage and support people with a learning disability and enable them to achieve their full potential
- To promote full inclusion of people with a learning disability
- To educate and increase public awareness to the needs of people with a learning disability and their families and carers
- To maintain and build upon the current quality and range of services provided by West Berkshire Mencap and other Agencies
- To secure a wider fundraising base
“I love it here, it is really, really great. I love the people. I feel I really matter now” – Paul Carter talking about his work placement at Trindledown (animal sanctuary)