The following jobs are currently available at West Berkshire Mencap
Job Title: Chief Executive
Hours: Full time / permanent
We are working in partnership with a well-established charity, West Berkshire Mencap, which provides high quality services to people with learning disabilities, their families, carers and professionals. The charity is looking to appoint a Chief Executive to lead and grow West Berkshire Mencap. Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Chief Executive is a key position in motivating all staff and attracting prospective donors. This individual will act as an ambassador for the charity, building relationships outside and within the organisation.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- At least 4 years’ senior management leadership experience with the capacity to direct and support a charity to achieve its objectives
- Evidence of strategic thinking and vision, with the ability to analyse complex concepts and information
- Financial acumen to set up and manage a budget, and interpret profit, loss and balance sheets, management and SAGE reports
- Ability to develop social enterprise activities that provide a surplus for the organisation
- Proven experience of exerting influence at a regional level
- Experience of working with, and developing positive relationships with, a board
- Proven skills to broaden the income base and experience of successful fundraising
You will be entrepreneurial and flexible with a participative and inclusive management style, and have the ability to communicate with a wide range of internal and external individuals. Self-motivated and proactive, you will be able to identify opportunities whilst raising and maintaining the profile of the organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. To apply please submit your CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference JO1679.
For any further information, please contact Jenny Warner on 0207 998 8888 or 01962 813300.
Closing date for applications: 8 August 2019
First interview date: 3, 4, 5 September 2019
Second interview date: w/c 16th September
Senior Support Workers, Support Workers and Night Support Workers
We are currently looking for Full Time and Bank staff
Pay rates for permanent staff are as follow
Senior Support Worker £18,395 (37.5 hrs)
Support Worker £17,800 (37.5 hrs)
Night Support worker £18,038 (4 nights per week)
Bank rates from £8.21 to £8.65 an hours plus supplements for Weekend and Bank Holiday working plus holiday pay on top.
What makes us different?
Our staff can never say that they are bored as every day is different.
A brief list of activities will include bowling, swimming, cycling, cinema, music and movement, drumming, theme parks and even the odd trip away to Disney Land Paris, plus many more.
We are seeking to employ permanent and bank staff to work for our service providing care and support to adults and children with learning disabilities in the community and in our supported living units in Newbury.
You will be reliable, flexible, conscientious and have a positive outlook towards supporting people with learning disabilities.
Experience working with people with learning disabilities is preferred but not essential as training is provided.
For an application pack or further details please contact us on 01635 778128 or by email at: email@example.com