faqWe have tried to answer some of the most commonly asked questions – please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further information.

Q: What can FAS help our family with?
A: The Family advisor service can help clients and their families in a number of areas, whether this is helping families to apply for Deputyship, advice on benefits, advocacy for the individual client as well as their family and general support on a number of aspects of day to day living.

Q: Do you have any advice or help with funding and applying for grants?
A: We can provide families with both advice and help in applying for grants and funding whether this is for specific equipment that the individual needs or something that the whole family requires.

Q: Can you help me with applying for Deputyship for my son/ daughter?
A: YES, at West Berkshire Mencap our family advisors have a wealth of experience and knowledge in completing Deputyship forms both on financial welfare and personal welfare.

Q: Does West Berkshire Mencap offer the chance to meet other carers?
A: There are social events throughout the year where parents and carers are able to socialise and gain support from each other as well receiving information benefitting them and their family. The FAS team arranges for outside speaks to come along to these events if there is a particular interest in a topic.

Q: Can you advocate for me at meetings?
A: Yes, we can advocate for the individual and the family at various meetings, these can be educational as well as social or health meetings and gives the chance for your own views and opinions to be heard.

Contact details

For more information on our services please contact us on:
Phone: 01635 41464
Email: jackie.sillett@wbmencap.org

Big Lottery Fund

Big Lottery Fund

greenham common trust

greenham common trust

Children In Need

Children In Need
3x-star.com 3x-strapon.com adult-video.cc